This site is no longer being updated. †Please visit our new site at:†
What is WASC?
WASC stands for Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Schools. As Mrs. Smith mentioned in her welcoming letter, this accreditation process is designed to strengthen and improve schools in the delivery of quality educational programs. An important component of WASC is the self-study. The self-study requires key stakeholders and staff members to extensively evaluate the school’s organization, programs and student learning within five main WASC criteria:
- School Organization: Vision and Purpose, Governance, Leadership and Staff, and Resources
- Standards-based Student Learning in Instruction
- Standards-based Student Learning in Curriculum
- Standards-based Student Learning in Assessment and Accountability
- Support for Student Personal and Academic Growth
For more information on WASC and the five WASC criteria, please visit http://www.ACSWASC.org/
Committees were designed to address these five WASC criteria. Committee members include, but not limited to, YHS certificated and classified personnel, students, parents and community. The self-study will also require input from community members, students and parents. Please join and support YHS by participating in the survey as we take this journey.